Friday, August 13, 2010

Bahut Raat Beeti - Chalo Mein Suladu ! Pavan Chede Sargam Mei Lori Sunadu

Dear Friends,
I'm sure some of you - if not all of you are die-hard fans of some rugges Hindi tracks.
Today - I shall outline - my most loved - Hindi tracks of all times.
But, first - let me share - with you -
When you dance with all your - Clothes on - And when that "Hat you throw before a performance" goes and hits the back wall of the auditorium you're performing in.
- This is my story when - I was in the second year of College, and I was considered to be a good dancer before that day - When God - n Sun - both favoured me - to lose this reputation.
- It was evening time - around 2:30 pm, and the Tooker Hall, of ECC was jam-packed, as if some Some - gold smith is about to distribute - some gold for free. All are jumping , making all kinds of noises, and then ,you have this announcement - Lavani Srivastava - is coming on stage and shall dance her way.
- Lavani dances on a classical tune, everyone is mesmerised - Lavani keeps dancing, and feel - my last beats - because - it - is my turn - after this. I don't know - what - shall happen - Once she finishes. Will the people even stop for the next moment - after sucha ravishing performance. I feel belittled. I feel all left out. But, I pray to God, to just keep me back, so that I can atleast touch some mud - of the stage - with my own hand.
The clock skips every second. Lavani - puts forward the last - few steps - and then, the judges say - time up. She stops ! Every eye in the Hall - stops - to look at her. I stop to look anywhere else. She has been given a good score.
Lights go out.
I am called - And the - Music - plays bleak.
I think - what to do next - and just to create a ripple - Remove my cowboy cap - and throw it - Hard and as Fast as I can - The cap just misse the Chief-Guest , touches almost all heads in its way, and then goes bang into the back-wall. Their is silence, and then it begins.
I dance - on songs - I don't remeber just now, and it goed on - for the next 15 odd minutes.
I stop. Crowd Stops. The Cheers - go loud. and So loud - Theteachers had to interrupt - to stop them do it.
I'm given a score. I'm given a standing ovation.
But, I'm given a "Red Card" from the competition. A red card not because I've done something wrong, hurt anyone, but because - They told me - When you were damcing - they all were dancing with you - And, this has made - Almost 300 benches in there broke. They want to see you dance again. But we shall have nothing left. So no indoors for you but if something on the Out-Stage happens - you shall be the Show Starter - in that.
I still remember - going back to the stage - after 10 minutes of my performance, and asking them - Please ! Whoever The Person may be - Who Has Got My Cap - Please Give It Back To Me ! And, they shouted we shall - And did the same.
I don't know - what leads people - to do such things. For we it was the sheer pleasure to meet them again, Because the first time I was - meetingthem, I was dancing. And in Dance - you are a Performer (Human Vibes Leave You).
But, when I look back in time, I still cherish that day - God gave me. I still remember the Act, and I'm sure - it shall be one of the greatest - amongst many other greats - to still come my way.
Now my favourites - in terms of Hindi Melodies - kuch aise gaane jo mere liye sangeet se bahut jyada maine rakhtey hai -
  1. Tumhi meri mandir, tumhi meri pooja, tumhi devta ho.
  2. Mere sapno ki rani kab yegi tu, ayi rut mastani kab ayegi tu.
  3. Mere samnewali khidki mein ek chand ka tukdarehta hai.
  4. Mohe panghat pe nand lal ched gayo re, mohe panghat pe
  5. Kora kagaz tha yeh man mera, likh diya naam isme tera
  6. Ishq mein jeena, Ishq mein marna, chup chup ahen bharna kya - Jab ....(u know it)
  7. Chanda hai tu, Mera suraj hai tu, sabki nigaho ka tara hai tu
  8. Saagar jaisi ankhon wali yeh to bata tera naam hai kya, chehra hai ya koi
  9. Aaj kal tere mere pyar ke charche har jubaan pe, ki sabko malum hai aur sabko pata chal gaya
  10. Teri ankhon ke matwaley baadal ko mera salaam - Julfon ke kaale kaale (Salaam E - Ishq)

I've shared my heart with you in this. Some melodies I can't live without. I pray to God, to give all the singers of all these songs, whatever gifts of love he can.

For all of you ..... I wish you health and wealth ...................... n loads of Happiness

- Regards,

PM

No comments: